Thank you to all who came out and supported us during the shutdown by purchasing beer to-go! It’s been amazing! We’re excited to raise a beer with you as we move into Phase 1. While the Wilmington Brew Works you know and love remains the home for the best craft beer around, there are many changes on the surface – some to comply with government directives, others to streamline our processes and improve your customer experience during these times.
Taproom Seating Begins Friday June 5th!
We are ready to open the taproom back up! It will be a different experience than we are all used to. As we are not a traditional restaurant with table service, we’ve had to rethink the way we do things.
Reservations are Required
In line with the government directives, you may only be seated with a reservation. This is to avoid queues of people at our host stand. Reservations can only be made on our website. We are limited to about 30 people in each the taproom and the Alamo Room. We have a number of 2-person seating options, as well as our long tables that we’ve designated for 3 or more. Government direction is that all parties must be from the same household. We are charging a nominal reservation fee that will be credited to your bill when you arrive. Indoor seating reservations can be made 2 days in advance.
We also have our awesome outdoor seating available – HOWEVER – outdoor seating reservations are at weather risk. If you make an outdoor reservation (and we hope you do) and the weather is inclement, we may not be able to re-seat you inside due to capacity constraints. For this reason, all outdoor reservations can only be made the day before at the earliest.
Finally – because we do not have a traditional restaurant timeline, we are placing all seating in a two hour block. During the last 15 minutes of each block, the taproom will be emptied and receive a full cleaning in preparation for the next group. Last call is 30 minutes prior to then.
Reservations can be made HERE
Drink and Snack Ordering
During Phase 1, we must provide table service. When you are seated, you will receive a coupon to refund your booking fee, and a menu. These are one time use menus that will be discarded when you leave. We will have slightly less size options available during phase one (essentially a half-pour and a full-pour) or a flight of five, 5oz pours. We will also have Ciderosas, our bottled beer, and bottles of Wine available. We will not be pouring Soda Works craft sodas at this time. We’ll also have some our snack items available on the menu.
Any food vendors we have will be taking orders via text and delivering them to your table. During our Re-opening weekend, we will be welcoming Food Truck “I Don’t Give a Fork” on Friday evening, and “Mitch’s Mo’ Better” on Saturday and Sunday. Both will have print menus and text-to-order capability with table service.
If you plan to order from La Pizzeria Metro, we encourage you to place a to-go order with them at least an hour before your reservation time, so you can pick up your pizza prior to being seated, as we are not allowed to accommodate customers moving around the taproom. Their wait times are typically around an hour – you can also call them up to a day in advance to order your pizza.
The Fine Print. Rules and Restrictions.
Per government direction:
– All parties must have a reservation to be seated
– All members of the party must be from the household
– All people must wear a mask whenever they are not seated at their table, and may only get up from their table to visit the restroom.
– All people must remain 6ft from other customers when not seated.
– All reservations are for 1 hour and 45 Minutes. Last call will be 30 minutes prior to the end of the reservation session. The Taproom will be cleared for 15 minutes for cleaning between sessions.
– During Phase one operations, we are not allowing pets on our patios.
– Children must remain seated with your party. While Wilmington Brew Works remains a family friendly establishment, if your children can’t remain seated, you will be asked to leave. The chalkboard wall is closed.
– Your reservation of an outdoor table is at-risk. If there is inclement weather, we may not be able to re-seat you inside based on occupancy limits. We will credit your booking fee towards a to-go order.
– We will not have card/board games available. You are welcome to bring your own.
– We will not have our water station available, nor Soda Works craft sodas. We will have bottled water, canned soda, and juice boxes available for purchase.
TO-GO Ordering and Curbside
During phase 1, we are implementing a curbside pickup option for those higher-risk individuals that do not want to enter the taproom. When placing your order, you will be asked to input your vehicle information and estimated pickup time. Two Parking spots near our door have been designated as curbside only parking. We are also dedicating two 10-Minute Limit To-Go spots, for those that want to come in for a growler fill. As previously, we prefer orders be placed at least 30 minutes in advance of your arrival.